How to Receive Course Credit
What makes this free online course truly unique is that as a participant, you could receive credit by exam toward a Master of Music in Music Business and Entertainment Industries or Music Therapy, or a Master of Arts in Arts Presenting and Live Entertainment Management from the Frost School of Music at the University of Miami.
To earn credit toward your Frost School of Music master’s degree for this course, follow these steps:Step 1: Requirements
Verify that you meet the requirements to earn credit for the course.
- You must not be currently enrolled in any Frost School of Music master’s level course or master’s degree program.
- You must not have been enrolled in any Frost School of Music master’s level course or master’s level degree program within the past 12 months.
To qualify to receive credit toward your master’s degree for Entrepreneurship for Musicians, you must participate fully and successfully complete the MOOC.
- You must participate in the entire course at the designated times and dates.
- You must complete all self-assessments with a minimum grade of 80% on each. (You are permitted to take each self-assessment multiple times until you achieve a score of 80).
- You must pass the comprehensive final examination with a score of 70% or higher.
If you have not already applied and gained acceptance to the Frost School of Music master’s degree program you are interested in, follow these steps.
- Complete your application for admission before the next application deadline.
- Complete online application and submit application fee
- Submit official transcripts. Official transcripts record all courses, bachelor's degrees or highest degree conferred by a regionally or nationally accredited institution. Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent from the granting institution.
- 3.00 Grade Point Average (GPA) in all undergraduate and graduate work. (GPA is a minimum requirement, and does not guarantee admittance into the program.)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam is required if the applicant’s native or first language is not English and if he or she does not hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution. Additional information is available here.
- Top applicants will be ranked and admitted based on space availability.
Transcripts are evaluated in consideration of the Coordinating Board Field of Study Curriculum (FOSC) guidelines. Credit is given for all courses listed in the FOSC guidelines as transferable, as well as any additional courses that may apply for transfer.Step 4: Complete required coursework for credit to be applied
Once you have been accepted into the Frost School of Music master’s degree program, you must successfully complete the MMI 530 Entrepreneurship for Musicians course and any associated prerequisites. Credit will be applied once these requirements are satisfied.